Re: Menu in 13.04

Phill, it's monochrome, as it goes in the fancy way that others are
following. We're not copying them (I'm thinking about Faenza, Everaldo, and
more great UI designers).

The aesthetic concept is uncluttering the UI as much as possible, that's
why main menu, navigation on file manager, sections on App store, dialog
warnings and questions, etc. but the programs icons themselves, are gray.
It provides a more homogeneous environment, while leaving the brand colours
of each program intact for easy recognizing (just adapted to the "boxed"
form).

It may be difficult to understand at the first sight. I can look "poor",
but use it for a while, and you'll notice full-coloured menuses a bit
disturbing. The new theme is being accepted, including this. I won't do
anything that could annoy the users.

Cheers!

--
紳癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna)