Re: ssh not allowing password login if keys are an option

On 10.03.2013 14:48, Julien Lavergne wrote:
> We had problems with SSH in the past, so we add a workaround in
> /usr/bin/startlubuntu:
> # Export Gnome-keyring variables if needed
> # See bug #664206
> if which gnome-keyring-daemon >/dev/null; then
>        export $(/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=ssh)
> fi
[snip]
> If people can do some testing by removing the 1st workaround and see
> if it's working as expected, that would help a lot :-) I'll be happy
> if we can remove the 1st workaround.

Thanks.  I've tried remming out the if statement above from
/usr/bin/startlubuntu and the problematic behavior goes away.  I'm not
sure what functionality goes missing as a result, but ssh behaves the
way I expect it to.

When the if statement is present, I get this error these days:

	Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.

Also, the problem seems not to be present on the powerpc architecture.
I noticed it on AMD64+mac, it might or might not be on others.

Regards,
/Lars