Re: ssh not allowing password login if keys are an option

On 10.03.2013 19:40, Lars Noodén wrote:
> On 10.03.2013 14:48, Julien Lavergne wrote:
>> We had problems with SSH in the past, so we add a workaround in
>> /usr/bin/startlubuntu:
>> # Export Gnome-keyring variables if needed
>> # See bug #664206
>> if which gnome-keyring-daemon >/dev/null; then
>>        export $(/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=ssh)
>> fi
> [snip]
>> If people can do some testing by removing the 1st workaround and see
>> if it's working as expected, that would help a lot :-) I'll be happy
>> if we can remove the 1st workaround.
>
> Thanks.  I've tried remming out the if statement above from
> /usr/bin/startlubuntu and the problematic behavior goes away.  I'm not
> sure what functionality goes missing as a result, but ssh behaves the
> way I expect it to.
>
> When the if statement is present, I get this error these days:
>
> 	Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.
>
> Also, the problem seems not to be present on the powerpc architecture.
> I noticed it on AMD64+mac, it might or might not be on others.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

One more thing.  The dialog box that pops up turns out to have something
more wrong with it.  It can't be moved nor can other windows be brought
to focus and used.  So while the message "enter password to unlock the
private key" shows, nothing else can be done.

Regards,
/Lars