Re: Lubuntu 12.10, 13.04 reboot

On 04/01/2013 05:40 AM, Lance wrote:

> Would Jonathan or Phill care to weigh in on this?

I've not seen it, but I would suspect a BIOS bug in ACPI or other
power-related low level code.  Why Lubuntu triggers it and Ubuntu does
not is a mystery.

Thoughts:

(1) If time allows, I would suggest that Jose open a real Launchpad bug
report for this, including a full description of the laptop/netbook
hardware it is happening on.

The problem here is that unless a pretty deeply technical person can
make this happen on their own hardware, I suspect it is going to be
really difficult to find and fix.  But we should at least try, so please
open a bug :)

(2) A different approach to take might be to check whether Acer offers
any BIOS updates for the machines concerned, and if it does, (carefully)
update the BIOS to their newest version, and then re-test.

Jonathan