Re: Beta 2 is released

On 04/05/2013 09:47 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
Hi,

the final beta test case is now released [1], this will allow you to see what the final release will look like as it has all the artwork and applications etc. in it.

As always, many thanks to those who tested it and are ensuring that 13.04 is our best release so far!

1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseNotes/Beta2/Lubuntu

Phill:

I tested a lot of things yesterday on the beta-release announced above, but I can't remember how you need the test results recorded.

The testing (on my 450 mhz 512 meg RAM HP-Vectra) included:

system installation from live USB
installing updates (software updater - fails the same as with 12.10)
Java
Java web-start
file-roller (archive expansion)
pulse-audio
pavucontrol (sees two built-in audio, but no soundblaster card)
Java sound synthesizer
automated install of many useful MIDI tools & components
gnome-alsa-mixer to control Soundblaster synth output
qjackctl (test failed - not obvious how to fix)
Firefox browser, & download with it (including jnlp).
numlockx
fluidR3_GM.sf2 soundfont

-- Sincerely, Aere