Re: ppc problems with lubuntu ISOs

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 16:38:57 -0500
prairie zephyr <prairie_zephyr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In my real-world ppc experience what I get after knowing from previous googling for boot parameters is the opportunity to install Lubuntu 13.04 from an openbox desktop but no "Try FAMILY" option

FAMILY can mean Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, etc. It's generically written.

> nor "Startup Disk Creator".

this is part of the install process.

known bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hardinfo/+bug/1029212

> I can't do the Live Session testcase as per instructions.

besides theabove, what else is missing?

> failed on url http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily/20130406/raring-alternate-powerpc.iso.zsync

well, 6 apr != today, does it, now? :) as it turns out yesterday is under daily, as is today (by both date and "current") but not two days ago. user a newer version and your problem will be solved.

wxl