[PPC] USB boot on PowerMac G5

Hi,

Anyone have success on this hardware? I know the DD'd usb stick is good
because I can boot it on a G3 iMac via Open Firmware using both the alias
and full OF path. There must be something different in the G5 OF I'm
missing.

Alternatively, If I DD a testing ISO to an SATA hard drive using the same
method for USB, I should be able to boot that via Firewire?

This is a Raring daily I'm testing. Haven't gone back to earlier ISO's to
see if they were any different. I do see an error when booting the G3 that I
don't recall seeing before, but still boots and installs fine.  From memory,
something like: "Wrong partition map. Apple_HFS should be ApplePartitionMap"

Thanks,
Str8

Follow ups