cdromupgrade

Hi Unit193 / Jonathan,

it is a while since I tried to use an alternate iso to do an upgrade. I
followed the instructions at
http://linuxpoison.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/how-to-upgrade-ubuntu-using-alternate.html
which
mounted the ISO fine and allowed me to issue the command to upgrade. All
was well, EXCEPT that it then tries to download all the required files from
the internet instead of using the ones on the mounted ISO. As lubuntu is
the only team left that uses alternate (for cdromupgrade), could you have a
look at the script and possibly bug-fix it. (Server team no longer use
cdromupgrade, it is purely a desktop script).

The release team do not have objections to it being made to work, just that
we are pretty much on our own here! I was considering just turning my
internet access off to see if it would then use the ISO. any thoughts?