From: Lubuntu-qa [mailto:lubuntu-qa-bounces+str8bslinux=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phill Whiteside
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:28 AM
To: carsrcoffins23@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] [ppc] Re: lubuntu/daily/ size larger than stated

I did recently do some tweaking on the test cases, can you check to see if test case 1499 is correct for mini-iso / netboot for the ppc image (I know the text states 1386/amd64)

On 13 April 2013 05:01, ∅ <maps.backward@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:40:18 -0500
prairie zephyr <prairie_zephyr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I mention this because I have been 'testing' the ppc images when I can.
so first off, you gotta check the wiki, as two possible solutions exists there:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCFAQ#The_iso_is_too_big_for_a_CD.2C_what_can_I_do.3F
the mini is technically not compatible with the testcase, but maybe we should consider rewriting the testcase to deal with this since it seems to happen far too often for words.

> My G3 iBook has a dvd drive that now only reads cds? and G4 is cd only so I was hoping 719M would fit on my largest cdrw: it can 711M.
711 ain't standard. you may be mistaken about the actual capacity of your disk:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-ROM#Capacity

> If anyone in the ppc world knows how to circumvent the ppc USB boot problem
the bummer is that there is no such thing as "the" ppc USB boot problem. there are many and they're very inconsistent. openfirmware is so buggy it's not even funny. anyways, you're not alone in this problem and there's pretty much nothing you can do.

keep on trying, though! i'm still bent on getting my g3 going even though i can't get the bloody thing to boot a darn cd let alone usb. i will beat open firmware. and when i do, the whole world will know. anyways, just keep doing the best you can. we all appreciate it!

wxl