From: prairie zephyr [mailto:prairie_zephyr@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 3:43 PM
To: Str8bs
Cc: lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ppc USB boot [Lubuntu-qa]

	Thanks! I'd heard rumours of usb boot workarounds before but never
the recipe.
	I've done lots of firewire target mac installing (saved me a couple
of times) but got nowhere aiming Linux ISOs at mounted FW targets trying
from OSX Mtn Lion, getting less Unix all the time.
	G4/5 = Leopard-max / G3 Tiger-max, ppc needs Linux or die. These ATI
cards are useless for video but 1.42 & 1.25 GHz are still half-decent
machines, G5s can still do some heavy lifting. My G3 is more like toy
status; I just reinstalled OS9 after a LVM install claimed ownership: what a
blast from the past! (y2k) lol  All this info gives me incentive to try
again to get the DVD-less testing, do what I can to keep ppc demand for
distros alive - wish I'd gotten the 13.04 radeon cards tested in time to
file better bug reports ...next time, thanks again

On 2013-04-12, at 2:26 PM, Str8bs <str8bslinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ..Regarding graphics. IMHO, that problem is somewhat self-propagated
> by the PPC community in general downloading Xorg.conf workarounds or
> disabling drivers instead of letting developers know that PPC users
> exist and care by filing and following up on bug reports.

		Yes + Mac had <5% of the market in ppc era - they're not the
target PCs are 4 Linux