GRUB2/ISO Boot

Hi,

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/ISOBoot

I wanted to try something else to install a system rather than 'dd' or USB
Disc Creator or UNetbootin. Both UNetbootin and USB Disc Creator are
so problematic lately with 13.04 ISOs. That is why I asked this:
https://answers.launchpad.net/unetbootin/+question/227885

Anyway, I wanted to try something new then it came to my mind to try out
the ISO Boot by creating an entry so that GRUB2 will boot from while the
ISO is stored on the HDD - check the first link I posted above.

I thought this will be a sooth and easy procedure but apparently, it is not.
I was trying to install Xubuntu 13.04 so I created the entry after I copied
the ISO to my root and according to this:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/ISOBoot#Storing_the_ISO

*The ISO can remain on the system partition (/) if desired.
*

Booting to Xubuntu 13.04 Live Desktop was successful but now, the installer
is stuck on "detecting file system..." and it does not move with some error
message about mounting the ISO (I didn't take a note what exactly was the
message).

Lubuntu 12.10 is my main OS, hence I updated:
/etc/grub.d/40_custom

and of course I ran: sudo update-grub

I'm not sure how to fix this?
I will try again and I will abort the installation because obviously, it is
stuck and not moving at all.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S.
I guess I will also contact my old friend, drs305 :D

--
*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*

Follow ups