Re: Drag-n-drop not working for me with PCManFM (13.04 fully updated)

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 12/05/13 09:15, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do feel really bad for not taking this email too seriously and
>> didn't investigate and check myself. I'm too late to reply this now
>> :(
>>
>> Could you please confirm if this is the same issue as here:
>> http://youtu.be/ix6P6ZwQR-k
>>
>> I have sent an email last night with 6 points, one of them was
>> talking about this issue. When checking my inbox, this has been
>> reported on 26th of April. I don't know why no one else has replied
>> or looked into this before?
>>
>> Sorry again and let's do something serious about this!
>>
>> *@ALL*
>>

>> Obviously, this is a bug. If not a bug, then how to fix it? If a bug,
>> against what package shall we report it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Augustine Souza
>> <aesouza2008@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:aesouza2008@xxxxxxxxx>**> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All, I can't drag and drop files in PCManFM. I can't do it
>> between folders and I can't drag files from folders to the desktop
>> and vice versa. For now, I click on a file and then use ctrl+C and
>> Ctrl+V. If I want to move files, I first have to copy them, then
>> delete the original.
>>
>> I can drag stuff from the desktop to a G-Mail compose window so I
>> don't think there's anything wrong with my mouse.
>>
>> My system is a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop (Core2Duo, 4 GB RAM).
>>
>> One thing that may (not) be relevant is that when I installed Lubuntu
>> 13.04 a few days ago, there was a suggestion to update the installer.
>> Since I didn't know how to do that, I just went ahead with the
>> install from the LiveUSB which I made after verifying the md5sum. I
>> figured that subsequent updates which I've done would be just as
>> good.
>>

>>  I don't have any files or folders on the desktop normally, but I've
> tested this and it does fail as above and in the video. I've filed a bug
> #1179167 if you'd like to click 'effects me' and add anything, although
> amjjawad's video shows the problem very well so I'm not sure anything else
> needs to be said at the moment.
>
> --
> Steve

Thank you so much, Steve, you made my day :D

I have a comment just in case someone may ask :)
I'd like to be extra careful, clear and explain in details.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcmanfm/+bug/1179167

--
*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*