Re: Saucy Alpha Alternate PPC

On Tue, 14 May 2013, Str8bs wrote:
> Does booting with: "Linux snd-powermac.pinkelephant=yes" get any
> further before errors?
> Can you get beyond error or further before the error with:
> 1. Linux single
> 2. Linux single snd-powermac.pinkelephant=yes (Or
> snd-powermac.blacklist=yes if you don't have a warped sense of humor.
> :) )
> 3. Linux single nomodeset

0.  I tried pinkelephant above and it boot as far as giving me the mouse
pointer on a strangely colored and patterned screen.  But no evidence of
LCDE was present.

1. Linux single by itself give the recursive fault.

2. Linux single with pinkelephant boots to a root shell with no X and no
login.  So I guess that works as expected.

3. Linux single nomodeset also ends with a recursive fault.

Regards,
/Lars