Re: Compiling Xombrero for PPC (builds but segfaults)

On 05/27/2013 09:12 PM, Jonathan Marsden wrote:

> Meanwhile, I'll dig out my recalcitrant borrowed iBook G4, and see
> what I can get it to do for me. I've just never solved or even fully
> understood the (nVidia) video issues it has. But I can probably
> install Raring server well enough to ssh into it, which should be
> fine for using it as a PPC build machine for xombrero.

> Once I have that... where exactly *is* the xombrero source package we
> want to build?

I did that, and it builds trivially enough:

  sudo apt-get install ubuntu-dev-tools -y
  mkdir -p ~/packages/xombrero
  cd ~/packages/xombrero
  dget -x -u
https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-dev/+archive/non-official-apps/+files/xombrero_1.4.0-1%7Eppa2.dsc
  sudo apt-get install debhelper libwebkitgtk-dev libgtk2.0-dev
libsoup2.4-dev libgnutls-dev libbsd-dev imagemagick
 debuild -us -uc

Installing and testing is then just a matter of:

 sudo dpkg -i ../xombrero*deb
 xombrero &

BUT it seg faults :(

Am I building the right package?