Ubiquity, Autopilot, and Automated Installer Testing

This is worth it's own topic here on the mailing list! One of the initial goals for autopilot was to help automate ubiquity and do automated installer testing. We want to be able to automate many of the easy installer tests so we can look for the harder to find bugs and follow-up on what we do find.
Check out the bug report for this here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-autopilot-tests/+bug/1116774

Up until now ubiquity hasn't played nice with autopilot -- thus we were unable to write any testcases for it. The good news is thanks to Thomi and Dmitrijs it's working now!

You'll notice I added a comment to the bug report about the proof of concept -- we should be able to write testcases to do automated installer testing! Now we need volunteers to hack that proof of concept into a full fledged installer testcases (starting with something easy like Install (entire disk)). We'll be hacking on this during the hackfest tomorrow, but you don't need to wait to dive in. Help make this a reality! For details see the bug report and associated lp branches and dive in!

Nicholas