Re: Chromium vs Firefox : Need testimonies

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And for the 'old machines'? Last thread we were talking about was making
> lubuntu-core more easily available. On these low RAM machines, which as
> Chad has stated are limited to v25 Chomium unless he can get v27 to build
> in 32 bit, I again fail to see the advantage? F/fox as with slimmed down
> memory usage is good to go now. The clock is ticking and decisions have to
> be taken fairly soon. Maybe this is a subject best discussed for 14.04 LTS.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.

I agree with Phill. Why every decision must take forever? it is very simple
and IMHO, it needs few days to decide not many releases :(
We have started the Firefox vs Chromium discussion long time ago. Now,
Firefox has proved itself to be much better than Chromium in many cases.
Firefox is not as heavy as it used to be and performance wise, better, at
least in my case and others confirmed too.

Can we just take a vote?
Just a vote, without going endless debate?

I strongly suggest, to start, yet again, a new thread with one statement:
Please vote or your best server for 13.10 (Firefox or Chromium).

As easy as this.

IMHO, endless debate is useless, with all due respect to everyone :)

Also, I'm one of those who is LOST, totally lost. How many threads so far
about this? I lost counting :/

Thanks!

--
*Best Regards,*