Re: [Lubuntu-comms] installing Lubuntu in less than 100 seconds

Hi Ali,

But it is much *simpler* than today's installers. My installer is like a
bicycle, and the other installers like aeroplanes with the cockpit full
of fancy options, and some of them eat a lot of memory.

But it is not beautiful yet. If someone dresses it up with a simple
graphical interface, it might be like YannBuntu's Boot-Repair script,
but probably slightly simpler.

I think we need a simple and robust engine. Then there are many people
who like to make nice graphical user interfaces, but rememeber that such
things eat memory. Maybe a good solution might be to run it from a
minimal text based installed system created from the mini iso. It could
be an extremely simple installer (simpler than Windows self-installing
exe files).

But of course, somehow it must be put onto the live CD/DVD/USB drive,
and that might be the hardest step for the newbie, unless there are
prepared media.

I remember the first time I made a boot CD from a Ghost diskette. I
could hardly think it would work. And some years later, all the
complicated steps to make a Bart PE CD and later on USB drive.