Re: Booting Saucy Live PPC disc (was Booting Saucy PPC Alternate disc)

On 6/25/13 8:04 PM, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:14 PM, Lars Noodén wrote:
>
>> On 6/25/13 6:04 PM, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> I've been unsuccessfully trying to boot the Live CD for the last couple
>>> of days. I filed a bug report last night after running ubuntu-bug. The
>>> url for the report is below. There are files attached to the report
>>> which were automatically added by ubuntu-bug, which may give you some
>>> idea of what's going on. (This is much above above my knowledge level.
>>> I'm afraid I'm not even sure if I used ubuntu-bug correctly.)
>>>
>>> Anyway, here's the url:
>>>
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1194319
>>>
>>> Keith
>>
>> I've tried the Desktop / Live CD from 2013-06-24 and can't get it to
>> finish booting either.  I'm booting from optical media, but that
>> shouldn't make a difference.  It hands on the splash screen showing
>> "Lubuntu 13.04" (which ought to say 13.10) and can press ctrl-alt-f1 and
>> co to get to a console but none of the consoles show the logs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Lars
>>

> I tried the same iso. No go. The 13.04 thing has been that way since the
> dailies became available.
>
> I did ctrl-alt-f1 to get to a console. Then typed "dmesg" without the
> quotes and several screens of text flew by. However, I just now googles
> "dmesg" and found that typing "dmesg | less" will allow the text to fill
> one screen at a time, then hitting the space bar will allow viewing the
> next screen, etc. one screen at a time.
>
> I would like to try this, but real life has me away from the computer
> for the next few hours. I will try this when I get back. Maybe you can
> try it.
>
> Keith

I tried with the 20130625.2 disc image and got the same failure.  It
would start to boot but eventually hang at the splash screen.  Switching
to the consoles is no help because none of them display any logs, but
they are accessible by going into a console and using the shell.  At the
tail end of syslog there are a bunch of errors.  Here is the last one:

	Jun 26 08:31:06 lubuntu kernel: [  188.798590] ondemand
	governor failed, too long transition latency of HW,
	fallback to performance governor

Regards,
/Lars