Re: Booting Saucy Live PPC disc (was Booting Saucy PPC Alternate disc)

On Jun 26, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:

On 26 June 2013 12:23, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 26 June 2013 10:09, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 6/25/13 8:04 PM, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:14 PM, Lars Noodén wrote:

On 6/25/13 6:04 PM, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've been unsuccessfully trying to boot the Live CD for
the last
couple
of days. I filed a bug report last night after running
ubuntu-bug.
The
url for the report is below. There are files attached to
the report which were automatically added by ubuntu-bug,
which may give you some idea of what's going on. (This is
much above above my knowledge
level.
I'm afraid I'm not even sure if I used ubuntu-bug
correctly.)

Anyway, here's the url:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1194319

Keith

I've tried the Desktop / Live CD from 2013-06-24 and can't
get it to finish booting either.  I'm booting from optical
media, but that shouldn't make a difference.  It hands on
the splash screen showing "Lubuntu 13.04" (which ought to
say 13.10) and can press ctrl-alt-f1
and
co to get to a console but none of the consoles show the
logs.

Regards, /Lars

I tried the same iso. No go. The 13.04 thing has been that
way since
the
dailies became available.

I did ctrl-alt-f1 to get to a console. Then typed "dmesg"
without the quotes and several screens of text flew by.
However, I just now googles "dmesg" and found that typing
"dmesg | less" will allow the text to
fill
one screen at a time, then hitting the space bar will allow
viewing the next screen, etc. one screen at a time.

I would like to try this, but real life has me away from the
computer for the next few hours. I will try this when I get
back. Maybe you can try it.

Keith

I tried with the 20130625.2 disc image and got the same
failure.  It would start to boot but eventually hang at the
splash screen.  Switching to the consoles is no help because
none of them display any logs, but they are accessible by going
into a console and using the shell.  At the tail end of syslog
there are a bunch of errors.  Here is the last one:

Jun 26 08:31:06 lubuntu kernel: [  188.798590] ondemand
governor failed, too long transition latency of HW, fallback to
performance governor

Regards, /Lars