Re: Alpha 1 upgrade tests

On 06/28/2013 04:41 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for the delay in responding to this, it's been a bit hectic with
> classroom sessions and editing wiki stuff!
>
> I did mention to the release-team about lubuntu not having control
> over the lubuntu-upgrade links. They are generated periodically and
> teams are asked to periodically test them out just in case one has a
> major bug arrive. They really come into play during the beta season,
> but keeping an eye on them during the alpha's is not a bad thing.
>
> Your results as posted up (bug reports) do get looked into, this work
> is never a waste of time. However, if you do find a bug on them,
> please also copy the bug number to this list.
>
> Thanks for you continued testing,
>
> Phill.
>
> On 28 June 2013 08:55, Erick Brunzell <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/28/2013 02:19 AM, Erick Brunzell wrote:
>     > I wondered why the upgrade test results were deleted from the QA
>     Tracker:
>     >
>     > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/297/builds
>     >
>     > It's sort of a bummer to spend hours performing tests and then
>     see the
>     > results not published :^(
>     >
>     > Lance
>     >
>     I was also just reading the release notes:
>
>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SaucySalamander/Alpha1/Lubuntu
>
>     And I wonder if we shouldn't mention that the proper upgrade method is
>     to open the terminal and run "update-manager -d"?
>
>     I'm personally finding the upgrade path via the live iso to be
>     somewhat
>     preferable but I'll get into those details later ;^)
>
>     Lance
>
>     --

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw
No sweat. IMHO you need never apologize for anything, you're one of the
best team leaders I've ever worked with :^)

I was however put-off because Kubuntu's upgrade testing went to Ready
status while ours was deleted altogether:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/297/builds

Also ours was more complete ;^)

I do intend to focus a lot on upgrades going forward. Wouldn't it be
nice to tell Munich that they can install any supported version of
Lubuntu and upgrade to the latest version w/o problems?

I think it's very possible but much testing is required :^)

Lance