Re: Lxsession new options enabled by default approaching in Saucy

On 06/30/2013 05:34 PM, Julien Lavergne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just push a switch in Lubuntu default settings, which will turn on
> some features of lxsession. As it changes many aspect of the default
> session, you will probably see some regression in the next daily
> builds (probably in 1 or 2 days, when lubuntu-default-settings 0.32
> will be included). Please let me know if you see some. There is
> already some know bugs :
> - No network notification icon on non-laptop installation (but network
> is working)
> - Launching the terminal in pcmanfm open it on home, not the current directory
>
> I will try to send another mail with the details of the new features
> enabled. Most of them are relative to the autostarted applications,
> which are handle in lxsession-default-apps (autostart directory is
> muted by default, and autostart conf file is empty). In the meantime,
> if you have any questions, feel free to ask them.
>
> Finally, the QLubuntu session is coming too, but you should install
> razorqt package before using it, and I also recommend to install
> pcmanfm-qt from lubuntu daily PPA
> (https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-dev/+archive/lubuntu-daily). However,
> it's highly experimental, fixing bugs on it is very low in my TODO
> list :-)
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

I notice that clicking on Logout now does nothing so the fun is
beginning :^)

Is there any possibility that we can get appropriate restart
notifications working in this dev cycle?

I mean if a kernel upgrade is considered a security update (some are and
some are not) then we should be told to reboot after the update :^)

Lance