[PPC] Software Update Fail on installed 13.10 system

Hi,

I have been keeping a 13.10 installation updated on my Powermac G4 since about July 24.

Today, when I ran Software Update, everything went normally until a required reboot at the end of the update. The system failed to boot, and I get the following errors (on a black screen):

[4.058892] kernel panic - not syncing: UFS: unable to mount root FS on unknown -block (0,0)

	[4.059868]  rebooting in 180 seconds

After the 180 seconds, the computer tries to reboot, but the same thing happens in a seemingly endless loop.

I can't get to a console, and am forced to do a hard shutdown by holding in the power button on the computer.

Keith

Follow ups