Re: Video Problems - Saucy

Hi again,

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Federico Leoni <effelle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2013/7/16 Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > When it comes to watching videos (movies or anything else), I turn to be
> Mr.
> > Lazy who just wants to sit back, watch and enjoy, no more, no less. I put
> > all my skills and experience away, and just think about one simple fact =
> > enjoy. That is why, these 'some adjustment' that you are talking about is
> > something extra that I need to do. Hmm, let's see :)
>
> Adjustment means you need to choose the right videos for your computer
> else you will need a video card upgrade. :)

I am not interested to invest anything on that machine :D I want to use it
as it is. The maximum adjustment I may go for is Software Adjustment rather
than Hardware one :)

By the way, I'm still having problems with Naruto Videos but the problem is
less frequent than before.

> > You mean my PC has no power to run 1920x1080 video? the same resolution
> of
> > The Avengers that I was trying to watch yesterday?
>
> Exatly. HD and FullHD H264 video are hardware encoded, means you need
> to do a decode using a specific st of instructions in you GPU. If not
> present the CPU needs to do the hard work (software decoding).

Which explains why my CPU usage was close to 100% ... I see, thanks :)

> > ASUS F3F with Intel Core Due @ 1.86GHz and 512MB RAM can handle that, as
> far
> > as I remember. I don't use that machine anymore and not willing to at the
> > moment. I have watched many videos with VLC and GNOME Player, I don't
> recall
> > the same issue.
>
> Please consider BogoMips score just for reference, the difference
> between this class of CPU in real life is huge. In theory my P4 3.0Ghz
> score 6000 bogomips. The Intel Core Duo 1.86Ghz score is 7440 (3720
> per core) and is a REAL dual core not an Hyper Threading CPU like the
> P4.  Means a you have two physical CPU working on the video decode.
> Beside this you need to consider the front side bus of the Core Duo is
> 1066mhz, the P4 has 800mhz: 33% more band for the information flow.
> There are also new instructions set to help decode video on tihs type
> of CPUs.

I will try to check that, I'm very interested to know :)
Any idea/link how to use that?

> > 720p is less resolution of the one I tried to watch yesterday, correct?
> not
> > sure if I have that downloaded, I need to check.
>
> Yes the other was 1080p.

I see, thanks again :)

> > Okay, I checked another less resolution video and
> > O_o
> > WOW!!!!!!!
> >
> > Video 1
> > http://i41.tinypic.com/k01ow0.jpg
> > http://i39.tinypic.com/2ij6x68.jpg
> >

> > Video 2
> > http://i40.tinypic.com/28tg7yx.jpg
> > http://i40.tinypic.com/idu78g.jpg
> >
> > O_o
> > What a HUGE difference!
>
> Sure, the first one is probably a dvdrip, and the size is a 608x256
> (16:9), a quarter of a FULLHD resolution. Is just an encapsulated
> video then it don't needs to be decoded andPlease consider BogoMips
> score just for reference, the difference in real life is huge. for
> that reason your CPU is not stressed. :)
>
> F.

I will try that :)

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,