Re: Alternate Install (Encryption)

2013/7/26 Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi!
>
> Finally I tested the Alternate Install (Encryption) of Lubuntu Saucy
> Alpha 2 32-bit and it works as far as I understand.
>
> But I have only used encrypted home before. This is my first experience
> with encrypted LVM.
>
> There is a minor but irritating bug: no prompt asking for removal of
> media after finishing the installer, or maybe it is while managing the
> encrypted LVM (I have no prior experience of that, only of encrypted
> home). Anyway it is so slow in my vbox, that I thought is was not
> working the first time.
>
> There is zRAM and cryptswap and the typical files of encrypted home,
> ecryptfs. What more should I check?
>
> I think someone who has experience of this testcase or of encrypted LVM
> should also run it.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Nio,

I wish I could help testing encrypted LVM but I have no experience.

I'm still trying to understand if my encrypted home and swap is setup
correctly once I didn't find a solution yet for my doubt at:

The best I can do is to start reading more about encrypting file systems at:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EncryptedFilesystems

Best regards,
Iberê