Re: system crashing.

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> Hi,
> as per https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1227202 we are
> somewhat in a mix as to where the bug is with the new rc kernel reports back that
> all is well in the world.
>
> For beta testing, please be aware of it and the work-around although my attempt
> with 512Mb in VM did work with the 3.11.8 kernel.
>
> For those running saucy as a day to day system, please do grab the new kernel and
> let it play as it should. It does not report back the error as seen
> on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2162655&p=12735571#post12735571  on
> my system.
>
> It never rains, but it pours! At this point, I have no idea if kernel team are
> going to try and cherry pick, or really take a leap into the dark and grab the
> 3.12 kernel[1]. I know that all of this makes it a bit of a nightmare to do
> testing. check the ISO's get the little green ticks put in, and when you have
> spare time, try out the 3.12 kernel. Using the 3.12 kernel for several days with
> no crashing would be helpful for us and a nightmare for everyone else :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1227202/comments/12
>

> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

The AMD64+mac Desktop image from 2013-09-24 still freezes up at the end of
the installation around the time to eject the disc and reboot.  After I've
walked through the other two tests, I'll leave it running without turning
off zRAM to see if the installed system still freezes up.   I suspect that
it will, though I can't force it on demand.

Regards,
/Lars