Re: [PPC] snd-powermac.blacklist=yes

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:59:08 -0400
keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> I noticed you reported on one of your [PPC] installation test results
> that you needed the "snd-powermac.blacklist=yes" boot parameter. Has
> the "fixing recursive..." bug returned? As far as I know, that was why
> we used that boot parameter in the past.
>
> Regards,
>
> Keith Rogers

No.  But my notes were incomplete so I included that.  I have had it freeze up at the end of the alternate install, but did not have access to Launchpad to file a bug.  For the last 5 hours I've been trying to get the PPC Desktop image to install.  It keeps failing, sometimes in different ways.  However, the Desktop image boots fine without the snd-powermac.blacklist=yes option.  It won't however produce a useable UI without the 'radeonfb:' option being set.

Regards,
/Lars