[PPC] Installation freeze-up

I attempted an install from the 20130924 Live ISO via a usb flash drive. I selected the automatic resize option. The hard drive is 120GB and already has a fully updated 13.10 installation on it. The resizing went normally and the installation began.

The system froze at the slide showing the video features. I had to leave the room after starting the installation, so I'm not sure how far along that slide is, but the progress bar had hardly advanced.

The mouse and keyboard were frozen, as was the little progress wheel on the screen. I had to do a hard reset by holding the power button in for 5 seconds.

I rebooted into my previously installed 13.10 system (now occupying half the hard drive space) and verified the hard drive was partitioned for the new installation. My previous installation seems to be unaffected.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Follow ups