Thanks very much for the good instructions!

Best regards,
Keith

On Sep 25, 2013, at 5:18 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:

Congratulations :-)

I think those commands are only a temporary switch off of zram. So after
reboot it will re-appear (and the installed system is not affected at
all). You need to do something else, for example remove the package
zram-config to switch it off completely and persistently.

On 2013-09-25 23:00, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Phil,

First, cut to the chase; the installation succeeded. Here's what I did:

I attempted the same installation as before--automatic resize option
from the [PPC] Live iso using a usb flash drive.

Used boot parameter "live video=radeonfb:1920x1080-32@60" to boot the
Live iso.

After it booted, I opened a terminal and typed:

sudo swapoff /dev/zram0   <return>
sudo swapoff /dev/zram1  <return>
sudo rmmod zram  <return>

Then closed the terminal and double clicked the install icon.

I checked the option to download updates, but not the third party stuff.

At the finish, the computer rebooted to the correct partition, and
everything works normally. Color depth was correct, so I guess the
installer passed on the boot parameter correctly.

One thing though. When I open the Disks application, it shows a zram0
and zram1 partition, each with 528MB. I don't know enough about this
stuff to know if that's correct. I thought I turned zram off with the
above sudo commands. Or, did that just turn it off while the
installation was being done?

Anyway, the installation worked. I think I'll try a "use entire disk"
installation next.

Best regards,
Keith