zram and freezes

Hi folks,

the 3.11.0-9.16 kernel with the fix in for zram is now available via
-proposed. If you enable the proposed repo  (Menu --> System Tools ->
Synaptic Package Manager --> Settings --> Repositories --> Updates -->
enable Pre-released Updates).

then update your system by whatever tool you are familiar with ( Menu -->
System Tools --> Software Updater has the extra check of warning against
partial updates which can really break things!).

The even better news is that this kernel patch is available for

all i386 amd64 armhf arm64 x32 powerpc

@ Lars, I'm just asking about what the state of play is with AMD64-MAC
kernel, it's late on a Friday for the guys, so I'm not too sure when I'll
get a reply. All I can suggest is that you try it and see if it gives you
the 3.11.0-9.16 kernel.

@ All, I'd like to put on record my massive thanks to Joe from the kernel
team for running with this bug and putting up with me as a n00b on the
involved things in kernels and his patience in explaining things to me so
that I can keep you all in the loop as to what is happening. L-QA has once
again shown that we do have some quiet people who will beaver away and find
information that can then be used to formalise a bug which can be actioned.