Re: zram and freezes

On 27.09.2013 23:31, Phill Whiteside wrote:
[snip]
> The even better news is that this kernel patch is available for
>
> all i386 amd64 armhf arm64 x32 powerpc
>
> @ Lars, I'm just asking about what the state of play is with AMD64-MAC
> kernel, it's late on a Friday for the guys, so I'm not too sure when I'll
> get a reply. All I can suggest is that you try it and see if it gives you
> the 3.11.0-9.16 kernel.
[snip]

Well, the latest one with the latest disc image (from 2013-09-25) is this:

	Linux lubuntu 3.11.0-8-generic #15-Ubuntu SMP Fri
	Sep 20 04:11:26 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

>From what I recall, it was vulnerable.  I was off site all yesterday so
I had to go for stability on the test machine and had it running without
zram.  It did not freeze.  For my part, the problem seems tied to zram.

I see that the dailys have started again.  I can take a look when the
new images are available.  Though I think you are still the only one
that can get the system to freeze on demand.

Regards,
/Lars