Re: release notes

On 10/13/2013 04:02 PM, James King wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/11/2013 06:19 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>>> @PPC can you email up any changes you need to manually add at
>>> boot time
>> so
>>> that we have the current fixes noted in our release notes.
>>
>> The alternate installs ok except for one small error (1153972).
>>
>> However, once installed it is missing a key configuration in
>> Yaboot.  In order to get usable graphics, Yaboot must get passed
>> these options:
>>
>> Linux video=radeonfb:...
>>
>> where ... is something like 1280x854-32@60 or whatever is
>> appropriate for that machine.  I'll have to test my notes about the
>> work-around, I think it means editing yaboot.conf and adding the
>> radeonfb option and then running ybin.
>>
>> regards, /Lars

>> https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-qa More help   :
>> https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>>

> I have to do the same thing when installing to get usable graphics,
> but on my Mac Mini, after the installation, I don't have to retype
> the "video=radeonfb..." on every reboot.
>
> I only have the video configuration that I enter, though: I don't
> have an option to change from 1024x768 to 800x600 or 640x480, for
> example. If I'm watching a DVD through MPlayer, being able to change
> the resolution would help me get a true full screen video. Right now,
> I get a 640x480 image surrounded by black space when I go fullscreen,
> instead of an image that fills the whole screen.

For the Desktop image, nothing is needed after the installation.  For
the Alternate image, I have to either add 'video=...' each time I boot
or else add it to yaboot.conf.  My guess is that your working with the
Desktop image.  Be sure to add your notes and bugs to the tracker:

	http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/305/builds

Regards,
/Lars