Re: Lubuntu 13.10 is Released !!

On 10/17/2013 09:38 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
Hi,

we are proud to announce the release of Lubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander). Please do release notes before installing!

Head over to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu for details on the release and where to get hold of it.

Many thanks to everyone on all the teams who ensured that 13.10 is our best release yet!

All:

I have put Lubuntu 13.10 on three of my test machines so far:

1. HP Vectra 450 megahertz 512 meg RAM
2. HP 933 mehahertz, 512 meg RAM
3. Dell GX-240 1.7 gigahertz, 1 gig RAM

I have put it through my MIDI music testing on all three machines, and it is working flawlessly.

Best of all, this is the first Linux system I have yet seen, where it doesn't hang if you accidentally try to use the Java Sound Synthesizer while JACK (qjackctl) is running. Not only that, but you can actually play music on the Java Sound Synthesizer while JACK is running - it actually co-exists!

Seeing that, I checked if the Flash Player plug-in co-exists with JACK, but it unfortunately does not. Of course, it didn't co-exist before (without special manual configuration changes).

I have not experienced a single hang on this system. This is immensly better than the beta-test version (which was hanging in all sorts of situations).

Many thanks to the developers and testers of Lubuntu 13.10 - this is great!

I will continue testing.

--
Sincerely,
Aere