Re: [Lubuntu-comms] People do not understand the desktop installer

Okay, I think it's safe to say that so far having the initial selection warning followed by an impossible to misunderstand dialogue box that requires a check box confirmation is a solid plan. While I still think that the idea of have a youtube video is a good one: how, where, and when to implement it is highly problematic. If it is going to be presented along with or before the download link, it's presentation should be somewhat passive. We don't want to scare people off - otherwise they might have second thoughts and instead go use Fedora to accidentally wipe out Windows. Rather than including it before the download, I think a better option would be to automatically forward them to the video once the download has started. To keep everything simple, the page should located at install.ubuntugnome.org - or similar. Here is my reason for keeping the URL super simple: going back to the dialogue box, that itself should refer people to the video that they may have dismissed at download time. If your going to refer people to a URL that they have to remember, then it must be super simple, i.e. install.ubuntugnome.org - now the real problem: this page would have to present a selection of language options. Due to the nature of Linux, this is not insurmountable, but I don't know how practical it would be as an effort. Otherwise the page could simply explain things in greater detail then the installer for every language the video has yet to be translated into...? This is getting too complicated. Perhaps the video is a good idea in principle but a bad idea based on logistics alone.