Re: Lubuntu fake-PAE installed system image file for Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Hi Kadrija,
I will reply inline

On 2013-11-02 19:08, Kadrija Hrlovic wrote:
> Thank you very much Nio.
> I've just read OBI documentation and discovered to my horror that it
> cannot be used for dualboot system which is what I had in mind :(

Well, not dual boot within the same drive, but it you have two drives it
is possible. So you can boot your Pentium M equipped computer from 'an
installed system' in a USB drive. A USB 2 pendrive is OK. A USB 3
pendrive or a USB 2 HDD are faster.

And in April your XP will reach its end of life, and then you should not
take the risk and run it without security updates.

> I don't want to get rid of Windows XP on my laptop.
> Is there any way of installing the latest Lubuntu without starting from
> non-pae mini.iso 12.04?

Yes. There are alternatives. I suggest that you try Lubuntu fake-PAE
'grub-n-iso', where grub helps you boot from the regular Lubuntu 13.10
iso file.

See these links

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu-fake-PAE
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/grub-n-iso