Re: Web site rendering - images need width+height

On 11/03/2013 10:56 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:
> I just checked the Lubuntu.net web site over a slow connection and it
> could use some minor tweaking to improve how it renders.  Specifically
> all the image elements (IMG) that it loads ought to have valid width and
> height attributes set in order to make the page load smoothly.
>
> Without width and height, the page gets re-rendered each time an image
> or icon completes loading.  Because the pages have a lot of icons, this
> means that they spend a lot of time jumping around again and again until
> they settle into the final layout.  On a slow connection this can be a
> disturbingly long time and it's not possible to read the page until it
> is finished.  Adding valid width and height attributes would fix that.
>
> Even for those with fast connections, having valid width and height
> attributes for all image (IMG) elements would make the page appear to
> load faster.
>
> Should this get a bug report or is it enough to write here?
>
> Thanks,
> /Lars

Mario,

Is this something you have access to and can fix?  It's a small, easy
change, but affects rendering quite a bit on slow connections.  Should
this get a bug report, can you fix it here, or can you refer to the
person who can make the edits?

Regards,
/Lars