Re: [Lubuntu-wiki-docs] [Lubuntu Community] Cleaning up Routine & Activities

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>>  On 11/06/2013 07:55 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>>>
>>>    Hi,
>>>
>>>  Kindly have a read at:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Get%20Involved/WhoWeAre
>>>
>>>  I have updated this Wiki Page with some new information which a bit
>>> more in details than here:
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/GettingInvolved#Lubuntu_Community
>>>
>>>  Myself and some 'active' members of Lubuntu have discussed lately about
>>> the activities of the team in general. We have noticed there are some
>>> people who remain silent for months without any notice and then show up
>>> suddenly then disappear again. We noticed that the list of members need to
>>> be cleaned up so the Team Leaders of Lubuntu know at least who is
>>> contributing and ask them for help and who is not. We have noticed that the
>>> overall activities have been much less and while this could be normal in
>>> regular releases at this stage, it is NOT for this cycle - why? simply
>>> because Lubuntu 14.04 is going to be an LTS Release and that requires lots
>>> of 'TEAM' work and I insist, TEAM WORK.
>>>
>>>  Also, we *(active members of the team) *came to understand that
>>> previously, some tasks/roles were being handled by only 1-2 people if not
>>> only one. This has proved to add unbelievable stress and huge burden over
>>> the shoulder of those people. And, in most times, when they were in need to
>>> help and support, they got very little bit of it. THIS must NOT be the case
>>> in this cycle. And, I am sorry to be extra honest here but I will simply
>>> leave Lubuntu once and for all if I will continue to feel that this is a
>>> few people job rather than a Community and Team work.
>>>
>>>  Team work = "We must all have a great sense of responsibility and not
>>> let things happen because everyone takes the comfortable view that someone
>>> else is looking after it. Someone else isn't looking after it."
>>>
>>>    Lubuntu needs you for the coming 6 months and even after releasing
>>> Lubuntu 14.04 LTS, whether it will be supported for 2 years or more Lubuntu
>>> will still need you. Please, don't let Lubuntu down!
>>>
>>>  You may wonder what is the big deal behind all that but for myself and
>>> some other members, this is called Loyalty and being in love with Lubuntu
>>> which will make you dedicate some of your own time to do things and most of
>>> the time, do more than what you are supposed to do. Lubuntu has a special
>>> magic that not only can breathe new life into an old semi-dead machine but
>>> can take you far away and open your mind and change your life.
>>>
>>>  Before the Real Hard and Tough Work starts for 14.04, it is a very
>>> good time to discuss such issues before 'active' people get busy with
>>> testing, bugs, etc and won't have time to stuff like that :)
>>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Get%20Involved/WhoWeAre
>>>
>>>  Hopefully, we can get this list updated soon!
>>>  Because, we do need to know who is contributing and participating and
>>> who is not. At least, for our information and I see nothing wrong with that
> [...]
Hi Sergio,

I am glad you agree. It breaks my heart to see only few are still active
and it makes ms sad a lot to see this community has a problem that should
be addressed and fixed: Lack Of Communications!

I am sorry, I don't feel that we are working as a team anymore.

Thank you for everyone who is active and for those who are trying to be
active. Someone needs to start recruiting more contributors IMHO. I wish I
could do that but for two reasons, I will not.
1- I am so busy with Ubuntu GNOME Team (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/UbuntuGNOME-Team)
2- I am no longer interested to do a lot alone all by myself.

Lubuntu is a community and there should be a team work.

I do know who is active. They are a huge support. They are helping me and
helping this community to remain active and move forward. But, they are
few. They know who they are, I don't need to mention names :) THANK YOU for
your support.

I will be around if you guys need me!

Good Luck :)

Best Regards,