Re: [Lubuntu-brainstorming] [Proposal] LCC (Lubuntu Community Council)

2013/11/16 NikTh <nikth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 16 nov. 2013 à 03:02, Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
>> Just my thoughts...
>>
>> I hate 'councils' with a passion. I also hate the badge of 'team
>> leader' for the sub-groups. All any team requires is an admin
>> person who looks after the day to day 'paper work'. The lubunteers
>> do the work and chat to each other all the time. I fail to see how
>> a 'council' would help in any way and also feel it would drive
>> people away. Let me just remind you of a 'rule' of freenode which
>> is about catalysts.....
>>
>> http://freenode.net/catalysts.shtml
>>
>> I broke that, and resigned from my positions; but I do ask that you
>> consider this...
>>
>> ... not through the use of authority and special privilege, ....
>>
>> When ubuntu-beginners created a council, it was the death, UBT no
>> longer exists.
>>
>> So, other lubunteers, please think long and hard about raising a
>> 'council'; IMHO, it is a really bad idea and even though I have
>> stepped down from 'official' stuff... I wanted to let you know my
>> thoughts.
>>
>> My kindest regards,
>>
>> Phill.
>
> I completely agree. No councils are needed, no chiefs or Leaders or
> any restricting rules and guides that someone Must follow.
> Just collaboration, more communication and common sense are enough.
>
> - --NikTh--
[snip]

+1 for no councils, no chiefs.

+1 for the catalyst idea.

I believe almost everybody has already signed Ubuntu Code of Conduct
and that's pretty enough.

Maybe all we need is a real Leader or real Leaders, I mean, people
working as volunteers and getting things done as expected.

We do not need a Leader/Leaders just wearing the Leader badge.

Yes, I agree with the catalyst idea:
The "catalyst" role is critical to freenode and an essential building
block of channels. No one is required to be a catalyst, but the users
who perform this role ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of
the network.

Regarding governance, if we read the Lubuntu logs (list logs, meeting
logs), from time to time I can see that Lubuntu community has the
ability to torn itself and start confrontation due to
miscommunication.

Again, the catalysts idea would apply:
Catalysts try to resolve problems, not through the use of authority
and special privilege, but by fostering consensus, gently nudging
participants in the direction of more appropriate behavior and by
generally reducing the level of confrontation rather than confronting
users with problems.

And the main characteristics of the catalysts I'd like to emphasize:
Relaxed.

Open-minded.

Responsible.

Unobtrusive.

Realistic.

Careful.

Attentive.

Minimalist.

Courteous.

Cooperative.

Someone with an internal locus of control.

A user.

Description of those characteristics are on the link below... and I
believe all of them below apply to us.
http://freenode.net/catalysts.shtml

--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ibere-Fernandes