Re: [Lubuntu-brainstorming] [Proposal] LCC (Lubuntu Community Council)

2013/11/15 David Yentzen <dbyentzen@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Lubuntu Community,
>>
>> Kindly have a read at this Blueprint/Proposal:
>>

>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-community-council
>>
>> And, if you are using a Cell Phone or any device and for whatever reason
>> can't access the link, here is the text:

>> Lubuntu Community Council is my proposal/idea to clean the current mess in
>> Lubuntu Community and solve the pending issues that the community is facing
>> in order to move forward to build a healthy community and a rock solid
>> system for old machines with LTS.
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> Given Information:
>> ------------------------------
>> 1- Lubuntu Community Has NO Actual Leader Starting from 15-May-2012 -
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2012-May/001516.html
>>
>> 2- Lubuntu Community and Sub-Teams are a real mess. Lubuntu Communications
>> Sub-Team and Lubuntu QA Team are both without 'Active' Team Leaders. The
>> whole team needs a clean up, reorganize and re-assessment.
>>
>> 3- The Activities of the Community has dropped due to lack of
>> communications and some core old members of the team has left/quit/resigned
>> and the rest are inactive and only very few are still active but that is not
>> enough.
>>
>> 4- Lubuntu 13.10 was a bit of disappointment for as per users and members
>> feedback and some nasty bugs.
>>
>> -----------------
>> Roadmap:
>> -----------------
>> A- Not only one person must lead Lubuntu but instead of that, a Community
>> Council consists of many members - the idea inspired by:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncil
>>
>> B- LCC (Lubuntu Community Council) elect one member to lead this Community
>> Council at the very beginning of each release cycle  and this election will
>> take place every 6 months. Members of LCC will elect their leaders.
>>
>> C- This is a NON-Technical Board or Council.
>>
>> D- This Council is in charge of:
>> 1- Lubuntu Guards and Keepers - make sure everything goes as smooth as
>> possible and make sure Ubuntu Code of Conducts applies and everyone respects
>> the other.
>> 2- Make sure to build a healthy community based on Team Work, Sharing and
>> Motivation.
>> 3- No Dictatorship: No one will lead the whole community but instead a
>> group of people will do that.
>> 4- Any Lubuntu Member can be a member of this Community Council.
>> 5- Team Leaders of Lubuntu Sub-Teams are members of this Council.
>>
>> E- Requirements:
>> 1- Must be Active Lubuntu Member at least for 6 months Minimum.
>> 2- Members must have proven record of some Lubuntu Community Experience
>> (NON-Technical) and members with minimum one year with Lubuntu Community are
>> preferred.
> [...]
I agree Ali,

this could be a good way to back on track, and Lubuntu really needs
that now. LTS is not so far as we can think and without a good
reorganization we will fail. The problem is, who could be a member of
the new council? Not me, as you know Ali I can't assume control on any
Team now, nor help constantly. My real life (and my new business
incoming) first. Beside that I travel A LOT, so would be difficult to
properly follow a project.

Mmmmm.... Curiously I'm still here working for testing/QA. :)

F.

Follow ups