Re: PPC: Alternate CD Installation FAIL

On Nov 24, 2013, at 4:38 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:

On 11/23/2013 09:32 PM, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I filed the following bug after unsuccessfully attempting to install
14.04 from the PPC Alternate CD (Guided):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxdm/+bug/1254307

If someone else could confirm, that would be great.

At this point, it looks like 14.04 is broken on PPC.

Best regards,
Keith Rogers

Hi, Keith,

I see it too. A second work-around is to edit yaboot.conf and then run
ybin to apply the changes.  Since 14.04 could be around for 5 years,
this is something very good to get working.

Regards,
/Lars