Re: Lubuntu vs laptop batteries

> On 11/18/2013 11:07 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote: Hi Lars,
>
> mine doesn't spend too long unplugged from the power. But when I do
> run it on battery it behaves as expected. I do have a nearly new
> battery in piglet, as the other couldn't hold a charge (it was a
> mis-used windows machine in its previous life). I've certainly no
> problems getting an hour out of running at full power (no dim screen
> etc).
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.

On several occasions I've been able to leave it plugged in over night
and continue to use it while plugged in.  Even then the
xfce4-power-manager periodically comes up with a notification that the
battery is charging.  That usually lasts for a few seconds, during which
it shows that batter at 0% or 95%.  After that pause it then goes back
to a notification saying fully charged, and a check shows 99%.

ACPI shows some fluctuation with design capacity and last full capacity
over time.

Regards,
/Lars