Re: i386 trusty desktop no functional graphical session

On 12/12/2013 09:00 PM, brendanperrine@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The last two i386 desktop images have failed to produce systems with
>> usable graphical interfaces.  The most recent one, from 2013-12-10,
>> won't long me in automatically though I selected that.  But that's minor.
>>
>> When I do log in, I'm presented with the desktop background image and no
>> task bar.  Shortcut keys like ctrl-alt-t don't work.  I can go to a
>> console (ctrl-alt-f1) and launch a graphical application, such as firefox
>>
>>         DISPLAY=:0.0 firefox &
>>
>> but after it is up and running, I cannot reposition the window nor
>> resize it.  Has a bug been filed already for this?  If so which one? If
>> not, which component is it?  My guess might be the window manager.
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Lars
>
> On 12-11 2013 Daily image I also wasn't logged in automatically but could
> not launch appliations I haven't seen a bug filed for the not being able to
> launch applications with no panel. IF the panel shows up should we try to
> launch it from a tty?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Brendan Perrine

I filed this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1260443

I attached a screenshot to show how it looks with two windows opened
from the console.  Launching from the tty seems to be the only option to
get firefox or ubuntu-bug to file the bug reports or add to them.

Regards,
/Lars