Re: Release Manager

On 12/26/2013 07:22 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> Hi Good people,
>
> as you will have seen, there was no alpha 1 test for lubuntu. There
> will be no alpha 2 etc. until you good people actually nominate some
> one to take the role on.
>
> It's quite simple.... You decide on who will be a release manager and
> then the boss works out as to if they can actually fulfil the role.
>
> So, instead of expecting someone else to do things... Well, go
> advertise the job vacancy :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

What happens if we just adopt Ubuntu's dev cycle w/o opting in to the
other testing cycles?

This really blows my mind, somehow we met the minimum requirements to
become an official flavor but now we're stuck:^(

Maybe it's time to drop the alternate images?

I see Ali's comments have also gotten Ubuntu GNOME in hot water at
Phoronix so I wonder if these recruitment efforts are not causing more
trouble than relief???

You can be sure that other websites will translate this into the demise
of Lubuntu - whether true or not!

Lance