Re: Non-functional sessions

Am Dienstag, 18. Februar 2014, 10:31:54 schrieb Lars Noodén:
> On 02/18/2014 07:28 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> > You did not mention Openbox. I have been using it (that simple window
> > manager session), and I think it is good for really old and powerless
> > computers or to run graphics or multimedia in computers, that otherwise
> > would not cope with it. So I really think we should keep the Openbox
> > session...
>
> +1 just in case it is asked later
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Yes, the Openbox session should be avaible. Just for clarity, the Openbox
session is not part of lubuntu-default-settings [1], it is part of the package
openbox for the people who want to run a Openbox desktop, for example with
tint2 or even without panel.

The QLubuntu session is meant as a preview for LXQt, which won't happen before
14.10 - but as it doesn't works I'm quite sure, that just the session is
installed but not PCManFM-Qt, LXPanel-Qt and so on. To be honest, I did not
check why the other sessions are not running at all, I think the important
parts should be installed. That includes, for example, LXLauncher which is
part of the netbook session.

To make it short, my proposal:

 * keep Openbox session as it is, or move it to another package (like openbox-
desktop or openbox-session), which depends on openbox.
 * discard the sessions Netbook, Nexus7 and LXGames or move it into other
packages with proper dependencies so that they are installabe AND working. We
don't need non-functional sessions that are only to confuse users that are not
familiar with that stuff
 * move QLubuntu into another package, like qlubuntu-desktop or qlubuntu-
session or whatever for early adopters

Of course I'm willing to help fixing that stuff. I think it's not too late for
Trusty, as this is kind of bug fixing?

Jörn

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/all/lubuntu-default-settings/filelist