Re: PPC Desktop installer not running to completion

On 03/19/2014 08:18 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:
>> On 18 March 2014 20:10, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm looking at the 2014-03-18 image for Lubuntu Desktop PPC and
>>> the installer starts and runs normally up until just after the
>>> password and user name are collected.  After that, the dialog box /
>>> window just disappears and the mouse pointer stays as a spinning
>>> disc indefinitely. I'll try some different installation medium
>>> tomorrow but wonder for now if anyone else has seen such behavior
>>> with the current installer.
>>>
>>> Regards, /Lars
>>>

> On 03/18/2014 11:07 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>> Hi Lars,
>>
>> there has / is work being done on the greeter... the proposed one had
>> to be killed via ALT + CTRL + T using a kill -9. Julien has released
>> some new stuff today which sorts out the firefox bug. Let the
>> autobuild of the ISO's occur on 19th March
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing/#When_do_they_build.3F so
>> that we know we have a 'clean' ISO to play with.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Phill.
>>

> Hi, Phill,
>
> Thanks.  That'll be tonight then. I'll probably be able squeeze one test
> in.
>
> By the way, do you know where I could find any thing about the radeonfb:
> configuration that is missing from the boot process of the Desktop and
> the installed system on the Alternate?
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Ok.  I've tried the 2014-03-19 PPC Desktop image and get the same
result.  It stops just after the user name and password is collected.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1294813

The Live session seems to work OK.

Regards,
/Lars