Re: testing Lubuntu Trusty desktop i386 final

2014-04-15 08:48, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> 2014-04-15 08:01, Nio Wiklund skrev:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started testing Lubuntu Trusty final with a Pentium M CPU with
>> forcepae, and it works :-)
>>
>> It runs live, and I can install it. But the forcepae boot option is not
>> automatically added in
>>
>> /etc/default/grub
>>
>> which I suspect will cause problems to upgrade to a new kernel, when the
>> next kernel version will be released.
>>
>> Should I report it as a bug to Launchpad? In that case, against what
>> package?
>>
>> I think it will also affect Xubuntu (and I think people will try Xubuntu
>> with forcepae in computers with Pentium M and more than 512 MB RAM).
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>

> Hi again,
>
> I tried to install the low latency kernel, and yes, it complains, that
> there 'This kernel does not support a non-PAE CPU'.
>
> And apport was started automatically, so here we go with the bug report
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1307862
>
> If you own a computer with a Pentium M or Celeron M CPU please add
> affects me too to the bug report!
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi everybody

Good news about forcepae :-)

-----
Colin Watson (cjwatson) wrote 40 minutes ago: 	#8

Just put the forcepae option after the "--" entry on the installer
command line and it will be copied to the target system. The "--" entry
defines the boundary between options which are specific to the installer
and ones that are copied to the target system.

sudodus (nio-wiklund) wrote 18 minutes ago: 	#9

This is new and positive information :-)

I did not know the function of -- and I think many people need to be
informed about it.

See this link for the 'whole story'

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1307105
-----

I have tested, and I can confirm that it works :-)