Re: testing Lubuntu Trusty desktop i386 final

2014-04-15 08:01, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I started testing Lubuntu Trusty final with a Pentium M CPU with
> forcepae, and it works :-)
>
> It runs live, and I can install it. But the forcepae boot option is not
> automatically added in
>
> /etc/default/grub
>
> which I suspect will cause problems to upgrade to a new kernel, when the
> next kernel version will be released.
>
> Should I report it as a bug to Launchpad? In that case, against what
> package?
>
> I think it will also affect Xubuntu (and I think people will try Xubuntu
> with forcepae in computers with Pentium M and more than 512 MB RAM).
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again,

I tried to install the low latency kernel, and yes, it complains, that
there 'This kernel does not support a non-PAE CPU'.

And apport was started automatically, so here we go with the bug report

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1307862

If you own a computer with a Pentium M or Celeron M CPU please add
affects me too to the bug report!