Re: Utopic Unicorn QA report

Hello everyone, replies inline!

Am Freitag, 24. Oktober 2014 17:45:12 CEST schrieb Walter Lapchynski:
Good job this cycle everyone! Keep up the good work:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/ReleaseReports/UtopicFinalTestingReport

Meanwhile, Vivid Vervet is available in the dailies (though currently building). Keep that testing going:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/326/builds

We all will need to work hard if we are to land LXQt for 15.04. The first step (unless the boss says otherwise!) is to make decisions on default applications, as most of ours are GTK only. That being said, give us your comments here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/1410-qt-archive
Well I really hope that we start with LXQt in this cycle. The feedback is really good. It's mentioned as a potential XFCE killer!

I'm now running "stable" 0.8, compiled in my PPA ppa:joern-schoenyan/lxqt, the packaging is taken from the Siduction people (if you read this: thank you very, very much!) and my WIP update manager is also included. LXQt has much potential, and I think 15.04 is a good first release for it:

* we have a solid LTS
* we can introduce our new technology in 15.04, refine it with our user's feedback in 15.10 and then iron out bugs for the next LTS

Finally PPC folks, I need to look deeper into Boris' suggestion about boot parameters with Radeon graphics. If anyone can test that and comment on the bug, that would be great:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1377878
If we can at least have a good workaround, that would be great. Then we start looking at Qt support of PPC.

What do you guys think about PPC only for LTS versions? It might give us the extra time we seem to often need.
Even if I'm not affected, I wouldn't be happy with that, but it is reasonable. Walter is right saying that we have a lot of work to do. So we shouldn't be burdened with this.
Any other thoughts or suggestions?

@wxl
Best regards, Jörn!