Re: OT: Survey on "Still running PPC?"--The Radeon Affair

me:
>> I would recommend that all of you test the LXQt packages. Not the
>> prototype iso (unfortunately the build system doesn't build PPC, boo),
>> but the PPA packages (ppa:lubuntu-dev/lubuntu-daily).

Jörn:
> The PPA doesn't builds for PPC, too. So it means that possible testers need
> to compile the packages on their own. Would someone be able to
> (cross-)compile and host an interim solution?

Doh! This might be a good excuse for me to learn packaging. If you can
help me with this aspect of it, I can figure out the compilation. I
have a 64 bit G5 so it should be relatively easy to cross compile for
both 32 and 64 bit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems all I need is a webserver to host
a repo, so I could just put the end results on my people.ubuntu.com
site. If not, someone steer me in the right direction.

tl;dr willing to do the work, but need some help on the finer details.

--
@wxl
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA