Re: vivid vervet/LXQt experience

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 07:42:06 -0800
Walter Lapchynski <wxl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For the QA team, I can say we appreciate your hard work, but we need
I think the unability to install lxqt-metapackage is because of lxqt-common and lubuntu-default-settings having problems with how certain directories are themed and as such lubuntu-default-settings conflicts with lxqt-common. One thing I noticed is that you can install lubuntu-next-core and then install lxqt-metapackage. Note this will remove lubuntu defualt settings and some other things that will make you not able to log into a lubuntu session. You can still install the upstream lxde session however but won't have some custom configuration changes like the snapping of windows with super key and directional arrows.

I am pretty this has to deal with bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/lubuntu-next/+bug/1387237 which deals with setting the path for theme files as the reason you cannot have both isntalled. This probably is not a problem from starting from the mini.iso.
--
Brendan Perrine <walterorlin@xxxxxxxxx>