Re: vivid vervet/LXQt experience

Walter Lapchynski schreef op 24-12-2014 om 16:42:
First, this is probably best for the lubuntu-qa list which I have
cc'd. Secondly it's hard to fix problems if we know only that there
are problems. Knowing the specific nature of the problem is essential,
so we need some more detail.

Henk Terhell <hterhell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- vivid vervet with LXQt was OK but crashed two days ago during updating
and is no longer bootable not even in recovery mode
Did you report the crash? What other info can you provide? What are the symptoms?
No, but I can. I was not sure whether this is appropriate at this development stage. Moreover, this PC is very critical on video driver and can run only on nvidia 304 and hanging had occurred many times before I was aware of this, though it had not occurred before during an update. But Vivid vervet with LXQt worked well for some period right after its introduction. Doing a standard update on 20 december the PC was hanging. After a hard boot again no response and hard boot required. In recovery mode also no response. I made a pic of the screen which is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw60k2whniyf1j8/IMGP0204.JPG?dl=0
Meanwhile I have reformatted this partition to install L14.10, which works fine w/o LXQt.
Info of the system is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8r3iwq2ea5er9n/lshw-dump?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/auzyb29pm2re9mp/lspci-vnvn.log?dl=0
- vivid vervet is OK. I tried now to install LXQt-metapackage but without
success due to unmet dependencies
Which ones?
Not known. A pic taken of the screen is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pupsofxo500l0zo/IMGP0210.JPG?dl=0

I'm also not able to install LXQt-metapackage on Lubuntu
14.10 32 bit.
Why not?

Same information as for the vivid vervet is shown when trying to install lxqt-metapackage on the freshly installed and updated L14.10.
For the QA team, I can say we appreciate your hard work, but we need
more info to be able to go any farther with it. Thanks!
Welcome. Perhaps I'll try again to put LXQt on a fresh installation of L14.04 LTS.